With a long standing national reputation and board certified for over 20 years, Dr. Joshua Korman is a consistently top-ranked and highly regarded plastic surgeon. Dr. Korman currently serves as Adjunct Clinical Professor of Surgery at Stanford University’s School of Medicine. In addition to recognition by his peers and patients as an outstanding clinician, Dr. Korman is an accomplished writer, having authored and co-authored many scientific and general interest articles in publications ranging from Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to The New York Times. As a teacher he leads programs and courses sponsored by national plastic surgery organizations. He also teaches Stanford plastic surgery residents and plastic surgeons around the world. He has traveled to many countries to help the underserved and holds many patents for innovations in plastic surgery in the areas of skin remodeling and tissue expansion. He is an accomplished musician and sculptor.
Dr. Korman received his bachelor and medical degrees from Cornell University, graduating at the top of his class (Alpha Omega Alpha). He completed his plastic surgical training at Stanford, along with fellowships at Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow, Scotland, and a Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship in Miami, Florida. Dr. Korman is proud to have achieved life-changing results for thousands of patients.
Top Ranked Plastic Surgeon serving San Jose, Palo Alto, and Mountain View
Dr. Korman and his dedicated surgical team are constantly striving to provide world-class care and the best results possible for each patient.
Comprehensive concierge services and complementary virtual consultations for out-of-town patients mean that patient care at Korman Plastic Surgery begins long before your scheduled treatment date and continues through your entire recovery experience.
Dr. Korman has appeared on many national television programs and newspapers as an expert in plastic surgery, including ABC’s “20/20”, CNN, The New York Times, Ebony Magazine and others.
He is continually recognized for his constant efforts, striving for excellence and individualizing care for incredible aesthetic results.
Honors and Awards
- “Top Doc” Castle and Connolly 2017-2023
- Readers Choice Award, Best Plastic Surgeon J Weekly 2014, 2008
- “Compassionate Doctor Award” 2011, Consumer Research Awards
- “Top Doc” San Jose Magazine 2000-2011
- Lachesis award for Best Play, Silicon Valley Playwrights Association 2001
- Gentry Magazine Community Service Award 1998
- U.S. Presidential Community Service “Points of Light” medal nomination, for Clean Slate Tattoo removal program (Nominated by San Jose Mayor Susan Hammer) 1995
- First Prize, Resident Competition, California Society of Plastic Surgeons 1991
- Third Prize, Zedplast Plastic Surgery Award 1987
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Cornell University Medical College 1985
- Moore Prize, Cornell University Medical College, 1985
- College Scholar, Cornell University, 1981
- SmithKline Beckman Fellowship Award 1985
- Numerous Piano competition awards
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF)
- Zedplast (Stanford Plastic Surgery Alumni Association—Vice President)
For more than 20 years, Dr. Korman has served as a Stanford University Faculty Member, providing mentorship and instruction in a variety of areas of plastic surgery to medical students from around the world.
- Adjuct Clinical Faculty, Stanford University 1991- present
- Instructional Courses: ASPS and ASAPS
- Visiting Faculty, Kaiser Hospital, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1993- 2005
- Instructional Course in Body Lifts, California Society of Plastic Surgeons 2006
- Instructional Course in Body Lifts, California Society of Plastic Surgeons 1999
- Instructor, Canneisburn Flap Course, Glasgow, Scotland 1990
- Instructor, Ethicon Microsurgery Course, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1990
- Founder, Marz Medical, Inc. 2007- present
- FDA 510K approval 2014
- In residence company of Fogarty Center for Innovation 2015- 2017
- Patents issued 2016
- Accelerated and improved quality of tissue expander-based breast and burn reconstruction
Founder, Reconstructive Technologies, Inc. 1997-2003
- Venture-funded and corporate partnered company which developed in-vitro full thickness autologous skin products for the burn market and in vivo skin enhancing products. Acquired by Integra Life Sciences 2003
If you are looking to reclaim your life and body, Dr. Korman can help.
Dr. Korman and his entire team invite you to contact the Korman Plastic Surgery offices at any time for a personalized consultation.